Wednesday 23 October 2013

Life Drawing - Year 2 - Session 1

I'm slowly getting back into the routine of university, even though things have been pretty unorganized on our course as of late, with lecturers leaving and such, Luckily Life Drawing was not one of the lecturers affected, so we traveled to woodlane campus for that as usual.
Below are some of the life drawings I did during the session.

This week, we were told to work with many techniques we'd not used before, along with many that we were familiar with, I'll be labeling the below pieces with the time-frame and the techniques used, if we were told to use a technique.

30 second short poses
1 minute short poses
2 minute poses using only shapes to convey figure

5 minute pose of what you think the figure looks like from the angle 90 degrees around from where you're currently sitting/ a basic 5 minute pose.

5 mins, without looking at the paper or removing your pencil 
10 minute pose
20 minute pose


Being my first life drawing session in quite a while, I'll admit to feeling slightly rusty at first, but after a while I got used to it all again :) We've moved rooms for life drawing, so where we are now feels a lot more arty, which is awesome :D So I'm looking forward to more sessions and improving my drawing more.












No comments:

Post a Comment